About Copa Airlines
IATA : CM
ICAO : CMP
CallSign : COPA
Founded : 21 June 1944
Key people : Pedro Heilbron (CEO) | Jose Montero (CFO)
Country : Republic of Panama
Address : Postal Code 0816-06819. Panama, Republic of Panama
City : Panama
State : Republic of Panama,
Zip Code : 06819
Phone : +1 800 359 2672
Copa Airlines is a Panama company founded in 1947. It is under the name of Compañía Panameña. It began operations with three domestic flights. But, in 1966, it opened its first international destination to San José, Costa Rica. In the 1980s, it withdrew from the domestic market to focus on international flights. Its headquarters are in Panama, and it also has a subsidiary in Colombia.
Airline alliance Airlines and codeshare programs, fleet
In 1998, Continental Airlines brought up its new corporate image as Copa Airlines.
Copa Airlines have a codeshare agreement with the following.
- Air France
- Asiana Airlines
- Azul Brazilian Airlines
- Air Europa
- EVA Air
- Gol Transportes Aéreos
It currently has a codeshare with Airlines in Asia, America, and Europe. When you make a reservation on a codeshare flight, you will get an on-time response from the company. The Conditions of Carriage may vary between Airlines. So, the passenger needs to check the operator’s website.
The current fleet includes Boeing 737 MAX 8, Boeing 737 MAX 9, Boeing 737 MAX 10, and Boeing 737-800.
Airline destinations and hub airports
At present, Copa Airlines in America is the one that connects all the continent countries. This network also builds through the Panama Tocumen International Airport. Hence, here this airline is one of the leading airlines.
They are transporting passengers and cargo to various destinations in:
- North America
- Central and South America
Its hub is at the Tocumen International Airport in Panama offers different destinations and incidences than other hubs in Latin America. It is also known as the Hub of the Americas. It’s positioning itself as the best-connected airport in the region.
Moreover, international destinations include:
- Rio de Janeiro
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Punta Cana
- Iquitos in Peru
Copa offers two main classes of service: Business Class and Economy Class.
Let us look into the benefits of the Business Class. It will also show how to access this service.
Benefits of Business Class
- There are separate rows of airport check-in and advance boarding.
- Priority for landing luggage.
- Private care area as the plane cabin as in 10/12 positions in the Embraer 190.
- 12 seats in the Boeing 737-700, and 16 Boeing 737-800 positions.
- An exceptional meal prepared by the chef of the airline.
- Renewal of wine offers every three months.
- Quarterly premium rum presents part of the generally found on board.
- More bonus miles.
- Arrive at the Star Alliance lounges and VIP lounges Clubs globally.
- Treat kit with toiletries.
- Warm towels for passengers.
- Free of charge bottles of water over 6 hours in flights.
- Based on the flight length, pillows and blankets use to be also provided.
- Greater recline back with a pitch of 50 “.
- Seats have Lumbar support for long trips with a width of 50 centimeters.
- Support legs and feet for further relaxation.
- Individual touch screen.
- Electricity and USB ports for charging mobile devices and access to personal files.
- Making a deal when you have a ticket on economy class + Instant Upgrade
- Star Alliance members can get an upgrade if there is availability.
Recline seats in economy class are more attractive for relaxing. Moreover, complimentary drinks provide a designed food menu.
Copa Airlines flights come up with an on-board entertainment system. It allows you to choose from a wide variety of movies and television series.
The fleet of Boeing planes facilitates with a radio antenna allowing. You can tune in to 12 radio stations from the comfort of your seat.
The airline also has an on-board magazine, “Panorama of the Americas”. It contains an exciting reading of various travel destinations, science, world economics, technology, and much more.
High chairs, car seats, and folding baby carriages are allowed to check-in for passengers traveling with infants.
In-flight food menu and meal or beverages
In the cases of customers asking for special meals based on their religious beliefs, special diets, or medical reasons, there are fruit dishes, vegetarian and Kosher food.
Food and drinks are served on all flights. On short-time flights, this will be subject to the time of day if flying at breakfast or lunch or dinner. It can be a light kind of meal or else, snacks use to be available.
On long-time flights, for the economy passengers, there is a warm meal on-board.
Different Dietary Requirements
Copa Airlines passengers can order a different meal on International flights as per their specific dietary needs. A passenger has to place the order 24 hours before flying. The official Copa Airlines website has the option. They can also contact the Substitute Service Team of Airlines they made a reservation with.
Copa Airlines Popular Travel Routes
Copa Airlines Route Details