Wizz Air Baggage Policy
IATA : W6
ICAO : WZZ
CallSign : WIZZ AIR
Founded : 2003
Key people : József Váradi (CEO), Diederik Pen (COO)
Country : Hungary
Office Address : BUD International Airport Building 221
City : Budapest
Zip Code : H-1185
Phone number : 00 36 90 900 555
Official Website : https://wizzair.com/
Wizz Air permits passengers to carry one small hand baggage on-board. Moreover, the baggage should be of maximum 10kg weight with 40 x 30 x 20cm dimensions. Furthermore, if passengers add Wizz Priority they can bring a bigger carry-on bag (trolley). In addition, this bag can weigh a maximum of 10kg with 55 x 40 x 23cm dimensions.
Wizz does not include checked baggage in the ticket. However, passengers have the option of purchasing checked baggage according to their needs. For instance, they can purchase 10kg, 20kg or 32kg size bags. In addition, fees for the same differ accordingly. Furthermore, the baggage can be of maximum 149 x 119 x 171cm dimensions and should not exceed 32kg weight. Lastly, each passenger can bring up to 6 bags.
Baggage needs to meet the set size and weight dimensions, if it exceeds then the passenger is charged with excess baggage fee. Moreover, the fee is €11.00 per kg if the item is overweight. In addition, this charge is one-way per flight.
Due to safety reasons, the airline does not permit the passengers to carry the following items on-board-
- likely to endanger persons or property
- unsuitably packed items
- forbidden by any applicable laws
- not suitable for carriage because of its weight, size or any other unusual characteristics
- firearms, ammunition and explosives including weapons of hunting or sporting purposes
- any items or substance that looks like a firearm, ammunition or explosive
- flammable substance
- radioactive materials
- condensed gas
- poisonous or infectious substances
- remains of human bodies
- any glue or paint
- any items specified in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations
Wizz Air permits passengers to take their sports equipment with them on their next big adventure. Passengers can carry the following items on board-
- Surf equipment
- Golf equipment – packed properly in a pouch
- Jumping poles
- Bicycles – pedals and wheels removes, handlebars turned parallel, tyres deflated
- Diving equipment – empty cylinders, removed power source
Following is the charge for carrying sports equipment-
(Online or through call centre)
|Per flight, per passenger and per bag||€42.00|
(at the airport)
|Per flight, per passenger and per bag||€60.00|
Wizz Air permits passengers to carry their musical instrument with them, they must be of maximum 80 x 40 x 23 dimensions. Moreover, only Wizz priority passengers can carry instruments on board inside of the trolley bag. For instance, some musical instruments that can be carried are clarinets, violins, violas, ukulele, clarinets, trumpets, flutes, etc. In addition, these are places in the overhead cabin. Furthermore, bigger instruments like cello can be checked-in with a limited release tag.
Wizz Air Baggage Policy FAQ's
You can measure your baggage dimension by adding up length, width and height (length + width + height).
Visit the “Baggage Claim” or “Lost Luggage” desk in the transit area for assistance.
Yes, the airline permits passengers to carry both large and small equipment, either in the hold or in the cabin.
No, Wizz Air does not permit passengers to travel with pets unless it is a guide dog.