Volaris Costa Rica Baggage Policy
Volaris Costa Rica permits all passengers to carry one piece of personal item which can be of maximum 14 x 18 x 8in dimensions. Moreover, carry-on baggage allowance differs according to fare type. For instance, the Basic fare does not have carry-on baggage allowance but passengers can add it if they want to. In addition to this, the Class fare includes one piece of carry-on baggage of maximum 10kg weight. On the other hand, the Plus fare includes two pieces of carry-on baggage of maximum 10kg of combined weight. Furthermore, all carry-on baggage can be of maximum dimensions of 22 x 16 x 10 in.
Volaris Costa Rica permits passengers to carry baggage according to the fare type. For instance, Basic and Class fare does not include any checked baggage. On the other hand, Plus fare includes one piece of checked baggage. Moreover, this baggage can weigh a maximum of 23kg with 158cm dimensions. Furthermore, passengers can also purchase baggage as per their travel requirements. At most, passengers can take 5 checked baggage of maximum 23kg weight each. Lastly, the fee for additional baggage depends on the destination they are travelling to.
The airline permits passengers to carry their sports item with them on their next big adventure. Moreover, passengers can add this device once they are done with booking the ticket. Furthermore, the sports equipment can be of maximum 25kg with 98 in. In addition, if this allowance is exceeded then passenger can expect to pay extra fees. Lastly, passengers can carry the following items:
- Golf equipment
- Diving equipment
- Ski equipment
- Sport boards - surf boards, snowboards, longboards, Windsurfing boards, et cetera.
- Bowling equipment
Passengers cannot bring the following items in the aircraft (checked or cabin baggage):
- Gasoline - Gasoline, methanol, kerosene, lighter fluid, spray paints, rubbing alcohol, adhesives, polishing and cleaning products for ovens and pipes, solvents and related liquids (organic peroxides, nitro-methane, or other additives), and flammable solids (magnesium, hexamine).
- Batteries - Batteries of any kind (liquid or solid), including for vehicles, wheelchairs, or other mobility aids.
- Chlorine - Household chlorine for pools and tubs (hydrogen tetra chlorine[K3]), bleach, and chlorine disinfectants, or any type of chlorine for industrial use.
- Hoverboards - In compliance with official regulations recently issued, it is not allowed to transport hoverboards and any other type of self balancing boards that use lithium batteries and/or lithium-ion batteries, due to their risk of potential overheating and becoming a fire hazard.
- Hazardous Materials - Chemical, biological, and radiological materials, toxic or infectious substances, substances classified as dangerous materials (poison, blood and other bodily fluids, infected biopsies, medicinal or commercial isotopes, drug-testing laboratory samples).
- Lighters - Pistol-shaped lighters or household lighters exceeding 3.5 inches.
Volaris Costa Rica Baggage Policy FAQ's
You can measure your baggage dimension by adding up length, width and height (length + width + height).
Volaris Costa Rica permits passengers to carry their musical instruments with them.
You can do so by contacting the call center or even at the airport.