Ryanair Cancellation and Refund Policy
IATA : FR
ICAO : RYR
CallSign : RYANAIR
Founded : 1949
Key people : David Bonderman (Non-Executive Chairman), Michael O’Leary (Group Chief Executive Officer), Edward Wilson (Chief Executive Officer Ryanair DAC)
Country : Ireland
Office Address : Ryanair Head Office, Airside Business Park
City : Swords
Zip Code : K67 Y427
Phone number : 00 353 1520 444 004
Airline Official Website : https://www.ryanair.com/
Ryanair Cancellation Policy
The airline allows passengers to change their flight ticket, however, cancellation of the flight ticket is not permitted. Moreover, if the flight is cancelled by Ryanair then the airline will provide essential service to the passengers. For instance, accomodations, meals, ground transportation. Moreover, the airline will also reroute the passenger or find a way to get the passenger to the intended destination. However, if the options are not acceptabel to the passenger then they can apply for a refund.
Ryanair Cancellation Policy 24 Hours
Ryanair does not allow to request cancellation within 24 hours of purchase if the flight originates within the UK and Europe. The airline only offers 24 hours cancellation to all flights originating to/from the USA and Canada. Here are some important points, that passengers should consider before going to use 24 hours cancellation:
- As per Ryanair booking cancellation policy, passengers can get a full refund on their flight tickets if they cancel within 24 hours from the date of purchase.
- Ryanair cancellation policy 24 hours rule would be applicable on refundable as non-refundable fares.
- The refund amount would be credited back to the original mode of payment. It will reflect in the payee’s account within 7-10 working days.
- Flight purchased via Ryanair club Miles account does not cover under Ryanair’s 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Free cancellation within 24 hours would not be applicable on group reservations and are subject to group fare rules.
- Ryanair cancellation policy 24-hour rule would be applicable to the booking made via the airline’s portal, Ryanair cancellations helpdesk, or at the Ryanair flight ticket offices.
Things to Remember
- Fees and restrictions may apply for cancellations.
- Passengers can cancel online or through customer service.
- Refund options include a refund to the original form of payment or a travel voucher.
- It's recommended to cancel as early as possible to avoid fees or restrictions.
How to cancel a flight
If you need to cancel a Ryanair flight, there are several ways to do so depending on the airline's policies and your personal preferences.
Ryanair cancel booking online
Another way to cancel a Ryanair flight is through the airline's website. Ryanair offers an online booking system that allows you to cancel your flight quickly and easily.
Ryanair cancels the booking via phone
One of the easiest ways to cancel a Ryanair flight is to contact the airline directly. Ryanair offers a 24/7 customer service line that you can call to cancel your flight.
Ryanair cancel the booking through Booking site
If you booked your Ryanair flight through a third-party booking site, such as Expedia or Kayak, you may need to cancel your flight through that site.
Cancellation Due to Weather
In the event of a flight cancellation due to weather, Ryanair will typically provide passengers with the following options:
Passengers can be rebooked on the next available flight to their destination at no additional cost. The airline will try to accommodate passengers on the earliest available flight.
Passengers who choose not to rebook can receive a full refund of their ticket price. The refund will be credited back to the original form of payment.
Ryanair Ticket Cancellation Fee
Passengers can cancel their flight booking which is subject to a refund which is equivalent to government taxes and airport fees.
- Passengers can cancel their flight at least 2.5 hours prior to scheduled departure by paying a Ryanair booking cancellation fee or administration fee of $25 USD to claim government taxes and airport fees as part of a full refund.
- To claim a full refund on your flight booking, Ryanair flight booking cancellations need to be done 30 days prior to the flight departure.
Ryanair Refund Policy
Ryanair does not allow passengers to cancel their ticket and get their refund. However, if the passenger does not travel they can apply for a refund of any government taxes. Moreover, the refund can also be claimed if the passenger’s immediate family member dies within 28 days of booking. To do the same passengers need to provide a death certificate, an immediate family member would be parents, spouse, child, sibling, grandparent or in-laws. Lastly, refunds can also be claimed if passengers become ill and are unable to travel. However, suitable evidence is needed.
Steps to Cancel a Flight
Step 1. Visit the Airline's Website
Visit the Ryanair website and log in to your account.
Step 2. Go to My Bookings
Once you have logged in, go to the "My Bookings" section of the website. This section will allow you to view your booking details and make changes, including cancellations.
Step 3. Enter your booking reference number and last name.
Step 4: Select the Flight You Want to Cancel
Once you've entered your booking details, select the flight you want to cancel from the list of reservations. You will then be prompted to confirm your selection.
Step 5: Review Your Flight Details
Before you cancel your flight, take a moment to review your reservation details, including the flight number, departure and arrival times, and any additional services that you may have purchased.
Step 6: Confirm Your Cancelation
Click on the "Cancel Flight" button. You will then be prompted to confirm your cancellation and receive a confirmation email once your cancellation is complete.
Ryanair Cancellation and Refund Policy FAQ's
Passengers can contact Ryanair customer service on +44 1279358395
The refund is processed in 10 days.