Middle East Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy
IATA : ME
ICAO : MEA
CallSign : CEDAR JET
Founded : 1945
Key people : Mohammad El Hout
Country : Lebanon
Office Address : PO Box 11-206 Airport Road,
City : Beirut
Zip Code : 1107-2801
Phone number : 011 961 1330
Airline Official Website : https://www.mea.com.lb/english/home
The airline permits passengers to cancel a booking. Moreover, the airline only permits passengers who book the ticket through the MAE website or app to cancel online through “Manage Booking”. In addition, passengers who did the booking through an agent or through a sales office need to contact the office where the booking was made to cancel the same. Furthermore, passengers need to follow the steps below to cancel their ticket-
- Click on “MANAGE BOOKING” and retrieve your booking by entering your reservation reference/e-ticket number and your last name.
- If your ticket is eligible for refund, click on “Cancel and Refund” button displayed on the retrieve page.
- Click on “Cancel and Refund” button and then confirm your cancelation on the next page.
- You will receive an automatic cancelation of reservation email; your booking will be canceled and the amount to be refunded will be credited to your credit card used to purchase your ticket
Upon cancellation of the flight by Middle East airlines, the airline will inform the passengers. Moreover, the airline will also provide essential service required in such circumstances like meals, ground transportation, accommodation, etc. In such a case if passengers are not comfortable with change in flight, re-route, etc. then the passengers can apply for a refund or compensation. However, if the cancellation of flight is due to circumstances beyond control like bad weather, strikes, security risks etc. then the passenger is not entitled to a compensation or refund.
Passengers can get a refund of a ticket that they possess. In addition to this, the amount refunded to the passenger will depend on the conditions attached to the ticket at the time of purchase. Moreover, refund requests can be made only if the ticket was purchased using the MEA website ro MEA app. The refund will be made to the card used to purchase the ticket. The refund will also be made in the same currency which was used by the passenger to purchase the ticket. Lastly if the passenger was denied boring, involuntarily or voluntarily, the passenger has the right to refund or compensation. The amount will depend on the distance, please refer below for details:
- 250 € for flights up to 1.500 km
- 400 € for flights between 1.500 km and 3.500 and intra-Community flights of more than 1.500 km,
- 600 € for flights of more than 3.500 km.
Middle East Airlines (MEA) Cancellation and Refund Policy FAQ's
You can contact Middle East airlines’ customer service on +9611629999
You can request a refund under “Manage Booking” on the homepage or you can fill out the refund form available on the MEA website.
No, rebooked tickets are not eligible for a refund.
Generally it will take about 15-30 working days for the refund to show in your bank statement.