Middle East Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy
IATA : ME
ICAO : MEA
CallSign : CEDAR JET
Founded : 1945
Key people : Mohammad El Hout
Country : Lebanon
Office Address : PO Box 11-206 Airport Road,
City : Beirut
Zip Code : 1107-2801
Phone number : 011 961 1330
Airline Official Website : https://www.mea.com.lb/english/home
The airline permits passengers to cancel a booking. Moreover, the airline only allows passengers who book a ticket through the MAE website or app to cancel online through "Manage Booking." In addition, passengers who made the booking through an agent or a sales office need to contact the office where the booking was made to cancel the same.
Furthermore, passengers need to follow the steps below to cancel their tickets-
- Click "MANAGE BOOKING" and retrieve your booking by entering your reservation reference/e-ticket number and last name.
- If your ticket is eligible for a refund, click the "Cancel and Refund" button on the retrieve page.
- Click the "Cancel and Refund" button and confirm your cancelation on the next page.
- You will receive an automatic cancelation of reservation email; your booking will be canceled, and the amount to be refunded will be credited to your credit card used to purchase your ticket.
Middle East Airlines Cancellation Policy 24-Hours
Cedar Jet 24-Hour Cancellations
- The full refund is allotted if the ticket is canceled within 24 hours of purchase and the difference between departure and booking date is seven or more days.
- Under Middle East Airlines' 24-hour cancellation policy, you can cancel any flight within 24 hours of booking and receive a full refund if the flight departs at least seven days later (i.e., after 168 hours). This policy applies to all types of fares.
- Passengers who cancel their flight within seven days of travel or more than 24 hours after purchasing their ticket will be charged a fee.
Things to Remember
- Fees and restrictions may apply for cancellations.
- Passengers can cancel online or through customer service.
- Refund options include a refund to the original form of payment or a travel voucher.
- It's recommended to cancel as early as possible to avoid fees or restrictions.
How to cancel a flight
Middle East Airlines offers several ways for passengers to cancel their flights. Here are the different ways to cancel a flight with Middle East Airlines:
Middle East Airlines cancel booking online
Passengers can cancel their flight online through the Middle East Airlines website. To do so, passengers must log in to their booking and follow the prompts to request a cancellation.
Middle East Airlines cancels the booking via phone
Passengers can call the Middle East Airlines customer service center to request a cancellation.
Middle East Airlines cancel the booking through the Ticket office
Passengers can visit a Middle East Airlines ticket office or airport counter to request a cancellation.
Cancellation Due to Weather
In the event of a flight cancellation due to weather, Middle East Airlines will typically provide passengers with the following options:
Passengers can be rebooked on the next available flight to their destination at no additional cost. The airline will try to accommodate passengers on the earliest available flight.
Passengers who choose not to rebook can receive a full refund of their ticket price. The refund will be credited back to the original form of payment.
Middle East Airlines Refund Policy
Passengers can get a refund for a ticket that they possess. In addition, the amount refunded to the passenger will depend on the conditions attached to the key at the time of purchase. Moreover, refund requests can be made only if the ticket was purchased using the MEA website or MEA app. The refund will be made to the card used to purchase the ticket. The refund will also be made in the same currency the passenger used to purchase the ticket. Lastly, if the passenger was denied boring, involuntarily or voluntarily, the passenger has the right to refund or compensation. The amount will depend on the distance; please refer below for details:
- 250 € for flights up to 1.500 km
- 400 € for flights between 1.500 km and 3.500 and intra-Community flights of more than 1.500 km,
- 600 € for flights of more than 3.500 km.
Steps to Cancel a Flight
Step 1. Visit the Airline's Website
Visit the Middle East Airlines website and log in to your account.
Step 2. Go to Manage Booking
Once you have logged in, go to the "Manage Booking" section of the website. This section will allow you to view your booking details and make changes, including cancellations.
Step 3. Enter your booking reference number and last name.
Step 4: Select the Flight You Want to Cancel
Once you've entered your booking details, select the flight you want to cancel from the list of reservations. You will then be prompted to confirm your selection.
Step 5: Review Your Flight Details
Before you cancel your flight, take a moment to review your reservation details, including the flight number, departure and arrival times, and any additional services that you may have purchased.
Step 6: Confirm Your Cancelation
Click on the "Cancel Flight" button. You will then be prompted to confirm your cancellation and receive a confirmation email once your cancellation is complete.
Middle East Airlines (MEA) Cancellation and Refund Policy FAQ's
You can contact Middle East airlines’ customer service on +9611629999
You can request a refund under “Manage Booking” on the homepage or you can fill out the refund form available on the MEA website.
No, rebooked tickets are not eligible for a refund.
Generally it will take about 15-30 working days for the refund to show in your bank statement.