Korean Airlines cancellation and Refund Policy
IATA : KE
ICAO : KAL
CallSign : KOREANAIR
Founded : 1 March 1969
Key people : Walter Cho (Chairman & CEO)
Country : South Korea
Office Address : Korean Air Operations Center, 1370 Gonghang-Dong, Seoul South Korea 157712
City : 1370 Gonghang-Dong
State : Seoul,
Zip Code : 157712
Phone number : +1 800 438 5000
Airline Official Website : https://www.koreanair.com/
Korean Airlines Cancellation Policy
Korean Airlines cancellation policy depends on the fare type of the ticket purchased.
- For refundable tickets, passengers may cancel their reservation and receive a refund, subject to applicable fees or penalties. The amount of the refund will depend on the fare rules of the ticket.
- For non-refundable tickets, such as discounted or promotional fares, cancellation or changes may not be allowed or may be subject to fees or penalties. Passengers should review the terms and conditions of their tickets carefully before making any changes or cancellations.
- In some cases, passengers may change their flight or itinerary without canceling their reservation, depending on the fare rules and availability of the new flight.
- Korean Airlines advises passengers to contact the airline or their travel agent as soon as possible if they need to make any changes or cancel their reservation, as fees and penalties may increase closer to the departure date.
Things to Remember
- Fees and restrictions may apply for cancellations.
- Passengers can cancel online or through customer service.
- Refund options include a refund to the original form of payment or a travel voucher.
- It's recommended to cancel as early as possible to avoid fees or restrictions.
Ways to cancel a flight
If you booked your flight online through Korean Air's website or mobile app, you might also be able to cancel your flight online. To cancel a flight online, log in to your account, select the flight you want to cancel, and follow the instructions.
2. Customer Service
Another way to cancel a flight is by calling Korean Air's customer service hotline. This option may be helpful if you need assistance or have specific questions about the cancellation process.
3. Ticket Office
If you prefer to cancel a flight in person, you can visit the Korean Air ticket counter at the airport or a local office. This option may be more convenient if you're already at the airport or need to make other arrangements, such as rebooking a flight.
Cancellation Due to Weather
In the event of a flight cancellation due to weather, Cayman Airways will typically provide passengers with the following options:
Passengers can be rebooked on the next available flight to their destination at no additional cost. The airline will try to accommodate passengers on the earliest available flight.
Passengers who choose not to rebook can receive a full refund of their ticket price. The refund will be credited back to the original form of payment.
Korean Airline Refund Policy
Korean Airlines' refund policy depends on the fare type of the ticket purchased and the reason for the refund request.
- For refundable tickets, passengers may receive a full or partial refund, depending on the fare rules and terms and conditions of the key. Rebates may be subject to fees or penalties, which will be deducted from the refund amount.
- For non-refundable tickets, such as discounted or promotional fares, refunds may not be allowed or may be subject to fees or penalties. Therefore, passengers should review the terms and conditions of their tickets carefully before making any purchases or changes.
- In some cases, passengers may receive a refund if their flight is canceled or delayed for a certain amount of time, depending on the airline's policy and the reason for the disruption.
- Passengers should contact the airline or their travel agent as soon as possible if they need to request a refund and provide any necessary documentation or information to support their request. Refunds may take several weeks to process, depending on the airline's policy and payment method.
Please note that all refunds are subject to published rules and penalties and that, at a minimum, a US$25.00 Administrative Service Charge will be assessed for all eligible rebates.
Steps to Cancel a Flight
Step1. The first step in canceling your Korean Air flight is to visit their website https://www.koreanair.com/. You'll see a menu on the homepage at the top of the screen. Click on the "My Trips" option.
Step2. Enter your reservation number and last name. This information can be found in your booking confirmation email. Enter the information and click 'search.'
Step 3: After you enter your reservation number and last name, you'll see a list of your current reservations. Select the flight you want to cancel and click "Cancel."
Step 4: Review your cancellation details before you submit your cancellation request, including the cancellation fee (if applicable) and the refund amount. If you agree with the details, confirm your cancellation request. Step 5: Once your cancellation request is approved, you'll receive a refund according to Korean Air's policy. The refund process can take several weeks, depending on the payment method and the country of origin.
Korean Air Cancellation and Refund Policy FAQ's
No, there will be no automatic refund. In order to get a refund, you will have to request for the same.
No, canceling your check-in will only cancel the check-in processes and not your reservation. To cancel your reservation you need to carry out more steps.
You can cancel your international flight online through the official website or mobile app. If you’re not able to cancel it online feel free to contact the airline service center.
If your flight is canceled and you have a seat upgrade, you will receive a refund for the unused upgrade. There will be some fees applicable depending on the nature of your reservation.
Yes, you can request a refund against the cancellation of domestic flights. The provisions for ticket cancellation remain the same. You can do it via the official website or mobile app or service center.