Korean Airlines Baggage allowance and fees
IATA : KE
ICAO : KAL
CallSign : KOREANAIR
Founded : 1 March 1969
Key people : Walter Cho (Chairman & CEO)
Country : South Korea
Office Address : Korean Air Operations Center, 1370 Gonghang-Dong, Seoul South Korea 157712
City : 1370 Gonghang-Dong
State : Seoul,
Zip Code : 157712
Phone number : +1 800 438 5000
Official Website : https://www.koreanair.com/
- The bag's weight at the airport might not match the weight determined at home.
- Regardless of additional baggage charges, bags weighing more than 32kg (70lb) cannot be checked in in several nations.
- Verify again that you are not bringing any prohibited items aboard.
- Never transport someone else's bag for your protection.
- The safe storage of your baggage tag is advised until a successful baggage claim at the airport of arrival.
Carry-on/Cabin Baggage Policy
Korean Air allows passengers to bring one piece of carry-on luggage and one personal item on board. Here are the size and weight restrictions
- Carry-On Luggage: The maximum carry-on luggage size is 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (22in x 16in x 8in), and the total weight is 12 kg (26 lbs).
- Personal Item: The individual item can be a laptop bag, handbag, or small backpack. The maximum size is 40cm x 30cm x 15cm (16in x 12in x 6in), and the total weight is 5 kg (11 lbs).
- It's important to note that if your carry-on luggage exceeds the size or weight limit, it will be checked in and counted towards your checked baggage allowance. Additionally, some routes may have different baggage allowances, so it's best to check with Korean Air before you travel to ensure that you are within limits.
NOTE: Bulkhead seats lack under-seat storage, so all carry-on and cabin luggage must be stored in the overhead compartment during takeoff and landing.
Korean Air allows passengers to check baggage based on the weight system. The weight allowance varies based on the class of travel and the route. Here's what you need to know:
- Economy Class: Passengers traveling in Economy Class can check in up to two pieces of luggage, with a maximum weight of 23 kg (50 lbs) each.
- Prestige Class: Passengers traveling in Prestige Class can check in up to two pieces of luggage, with a maximum weight of 32 kg (70 lbs) each.
- First Class: Passengers traveling in First Class can check in up to three pieces of luggage, with a maximum weight of 32 kg (70 lbs) each.
Excess Baggage Fee
Excess baggage also has limitations on board. If you carry over those limitations, your luggage will not be allowed on board.
|Carry-on baggage||One piece (Economy) and two pieces (First Class/ Prestige)||10 Kg (Economy) 18 Kg (First Class/ Prestige)||40 x 20 x 55 cm||Free|
|Check Baggage||Not Specified||23 Kg (Economy)32 (First Class/ Prestige)||158 cm||Click here to calculate|
|Excess Baggage||Not Specified||Weight Above 20 kg(Economy)30 kg(Prestige)40 kg(First Class)||158 – 273 cm||-|
Fees of Different Cabin
|Cabin||Baggage Allowance||Fee for Excess Baggage|
|First||Up to 3 pieces of baggage, 32 kg (70 lbs) each||Varies based on route and weight|
|Prestige||Up to 2 pieces of luggage, 32 kg (70 lbs) each||Varies based on road and weight|
|Economy||Up to 2 pieces of luggage, 23 kg (50 lbs) each||Varies based on road and weight|
Sports Equipment Fee
- Bicycles: $150 each way
- Golf clubs: $100 each way
- Skis/snowboards: $100 each way
- Surfboards: $150 each way
- Scuba diving equipment: $150 each way
- Fishing equipment: $100 each way
Korean Air Baggage Policy FAQ's
If you have a delay in your baggage you need to report it to the airline service within 21 days of your arrival.
You can look for your lost baggage information or track it through the official website or call on the customer services of the airline.
You are not allowed to carry any combustible item, pressurized item, or anything related to fireworks. All these items are strictly restricted to be carried on board.