Japan Airlines Check-in information
IATA : JL
ICAO : JAL
CallSign : JAPAN AIR
Founded : 1 August 1951
Key people : Yoshiharu Ueki (Chairman & Representative Director) | Yuji Akasaka (President & CEO)
Country : United States
Office Address : 300 Continental Boulevard, Suite 401 El Segundo, CA 90245 California, United States
City : El Segundo
State : California,
Zip Code : 90245
Phone number : 1 (800) 525-3663
Official Website : http://www.jal.com/
Check-in arrival time at airport:
|Domestic:||60 minutes before scheduled departure|
|International:||90 minutes before scheduled departure|
Minimum required check-in time with baggage:
|Domestic:||30 minutes before scheduled departure|
|International:||60 minutes before scheduled departure|
Japan Airlines offers several ways to check-in for your flight: (https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/inter/boarding/quic/)
You can check in online from 72 hours to 1 hour before your flight's departure time. After that, you must visit the Japan Airlines website and enter your booking reference number and last name to access your reservation and complete the check-in process.
You can also check in using your mobile device through the Japan Airlines app. Download the app, enter your booking reference number and last name, and complete the check-in process. You'll receive a digital boarding pass that you can use to board your flight.
If you prefer to check in at the Airport, you can do so at a Japan Airlines check-in counter
Self-service kiosk check-in
Check-in counters typically open 2 hours before departure and close 30-60 minutes before departure, depending on your destination.
It's important to note that check-in times may vary depending on your departure airport and destination. Check with Japan Airlines or refer to your booking confirmation for more information. Also, review any baggage restrictions and security regulations before heading to the Airport.
The following travel paperwork must be organized before arriving at the Japan Airlines Airport:
- A valid passport or government-issued identification
- E-ticket number
- The name and details of your Japan Airlines flight
Online web check-in to get a Boarding Pass
Japan Airlines offers online check-in as a convenient option for passengers to check-in before arriving at the Airport. Here are the steps to complete online check-in for your Japan Airlines flight:
- First, visit the official website of Japan Airlines.
- Then, click on the "Check-in" option.
- Next, enter your booking reference or e-ticket number and last name.
- Next, select the passenger(s) you wish to check-in.
- Next, confirm your seat selection and enter any necessary passenger information.
- Finally, print your boarding pass or save it to your mobile device.
Offline check-in to get a Boarding Pass
Here are the steps for offline check-in at the airport counter or self-service check-in kiosks for Japan Airlines flights:
- Locate the Japan Airlines check-in counter or self-service kiosk at the Airport.
- Present your passport and flight details to the Japan Airlines staff for check-in at the counter. For self-service check-in, scan your passport or enter your booking reference and last name at the kiosk.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter any necessary passenger information.
- Confirm your seat selection and print your boarding pass if using the kiosk.
- If checking in at the counter, the staff will assist you with issuing your boarding pass and checking your baggage.
It is important to note that your flight and destination's check-in deadlines may vary. Therefore, passengers are recommended to arrive at the Airport well in advance to complete the check-in process, drop off any checked baggage, and proceed through security.
Passengers are advised to review the baggage policy of Japan Airlines before arriving at the Airport to ensure compliance with the weight and size restrictions. In addition, contact Japan Airlines customer service for further support if you face any issues while completing offline check-in.
Kiosk check-in to get a Boarding Pass
Japan Airlines offers self-service kiosk check-in at select airports. Here are the steps for kiosk check-in with Japan Airlines:
- Locate the self-service kiosk check-in area at the Airport.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to start the check-in process.
- Enter your reservation code, e-ticket number, or JMB number to access your booking.
- Confirm your flight details, including the flight number, departure time, and destination.
- Choose your seat from the available options.
- Enter your passport or ID card information.
- Confirm your baggage details, including the number of bags and their weight.
- Print your boarding pass and baggage tags.
- If you have checked your baggage, proceed to the baggage drop-off area to drop off your bags.
- Proceed to security screening and then to your departure gate.
It is important to note that self-service kiosk check-in may not be available for all flights or passengers. In addition, certain restrictions and requirements may apply depending on the passenger's ticket type, destination, and frequent flyer status. Therefore, passengers are advised to check the airline's website or contact the airline for more information on kiosk check-in with Japan Airlines.
Mobile check-in to get a Boarding Pass
Here's what you need to do to complete mobile check-in with Japan Airlines:
- First, download the Japan Airlines app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Then, open the app and select "Check-in" from the main menu.
- Next, enter your booking reference number and last name to retrieve your reservation.
- Then, follow the prompts to choose your seat, add any necessary information, and confirm your check-in.
- Once you've completed the mobile check-in process, you'll receive a digital boarding pass that you can use to board your flight.
Not all flights may be eligible for mobile check-in, so check with Japan Airlines or refer to your booking confirmation for more information. Also, review any baggage restrictions and security regulations before heading to the Airport.
Japan Airlines Boarding Pass FAQ's
No, web check-in only opens 24 hours prior to departure. You cannot check-in before the specified time. Check-in time sometimes also varies with respect to different airports.
Japan Airlines offers online check-in, mobile check-in, self-service kiosks check-in, and airport check-in.
Yes, passengers can select their seats during check-in, either online, through the mobile app, or at self-service kiosks.
Yes, but fees may apply depending on the ticket fare class and the specific circumstances of the cancellation or change.