Icelandair Airlines Baggage allowance and fee
IATA : FI
ICAO : ICE
CallSign : ICEAIR
Founded : 1937
Key people : Bogi Nils Bogason, CEO
Country : Iceland
Office Address : eykjavik Airport, Vatnsmýri
City : Reykjavik
State : 101 Reykjavík,
Zip Code : 00101
Phone number : +1 800 223 5500
Official Website : https://www.icelandair.com/
If you're planning a trip with Icelandair Airways, knowing the airline's baggage allowance policy is essential to avoid surprises or unexpected baggage fees. Understanding the weight and size restrictions and the fees and charges for exceeding them can help you pack smartly and efficiently.
Carry-on/Cabin Baggage Policy
- Icelandair allows passengers to bring one piece of cabin baggage on board, with maximum dimensions of 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm (22 in x 16 in x 8 in) and a maximum weight of 10 kg (22 lbs).
- In addition to cabin baggage, passengers may bring one personal item, such as a purse, laptop bag, or small backpack. This item must fit under the seat in front of the passenger.
- It is important to note that cabin baggage must fit in the overhead compartments or under the seat in front of the passenger and must not block the aisle or emergency exits. If the luggage is too large or heavy, it may need to be checked at the gate.
NOTE: Because bulkhead seats lack under-seat storage, all carry-on and cabin luggage must be stored in the overhead compartment during takeoff and landing.
- Icelandair allows passengers to check baggage for a fee, with the cost depending on the route and the weight of the luggage. Passengers can purchase baggage allowances when booking their ticket or any time before the flight through the Icelandair website.
- Passengers can check up to two pieces of baggage, with a maximum weight of 23 kg (50 lbs) each. The maximum dimensions for each part of the luggage are 158 cm (62 in) in total (length + width + height).
- It is important to note that excess baggage fees will apply if the weight or dimensions of the checked baggage exceed the allowed limits. Passengers should also ensure their luggage is securely packed and labeled with their name and contact information.
The following are the restrictions for carry-on luggage:
- The maximum weight of the carry-on bag must not exceed 10kg or 22 lbs.
- The maximum dimensions of the carry-on bag must be 55cm x 40cm x 20cm or 21.6in x 15.7in x 7.8in.
- Passengers can carry one carry-on bag and one personal item, such as a handbag, laptop bag, or briefcase.
- The individual item must fit under the seat in front of the passenger.
- All carry-on bags must be stowed in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of the passenger.
Excess Baggage Fee
Excess baggage is charged onboard. Passengers can carry additional luggage, but luggage is not allowed on board if the flight is full.
|Carry-on baggage||One piece||10 Kg|| 55 x 40 x 20 cm(carry on bag)
40 x 30 x 15 cm(personal item)
|If the carry-on allowance exceeds, an extra baggage fee will apply.|
|Check Baggage||One piece||32 Kg||158cm||It depends on the country to country|
|Excess Baggage||As per your requirement and baggage policy||Up to 32 kg||
More than 158 to 292 cm
|Check your excess according to different places|
Additional Baggage Fee
|Overweight Bag Fees||Oversized Bag Fees|
|Economy Class||$70 - $100||$70 - $100|
|Saga Class||Free||$70 - $100|
|Maximum Weight||23kg or 50lbs||158cm or 62in|
|Maximum Dimensions||-||203cm or 80in|
Sports Equipment Fee
The cost of Icelandair's sports equipment fee varies depending on the type and size of the sports equipment, as well as the route of your flight. Here's an overview of the fees for some common types of sports equipment:
- Bicycles: €55-€65 each way
- Surfboards: €65-€75 each way
- Skis and snowboards: €45-€65 each way
- Golf clubs: €45-€55 each way
- Fishing equipment: €45-€55 each way
- Diving equipment: €55-€65 each way
- Hockey and lacrosse equipment: €45-€55 each way
- Musical instruments: €45-€55 each way
Icelandair Airlines Baggage Policy FAQ's
You have to inform the baggage department immediately.
You can ask for a refund for any damage in your luggage if it qualifies for the same.
You can trace your baggage online on the official website.