ANA (All Nippon Airways) Baggage allowance and fee
IATA : NH
ICAO : ANA
CallSign : ALL NIPPON
Founded : 27 December 1952
Key people : Shinya Katanozaka (Chairman) | Yuji Hirako (President & CEO)
Country : Japan
Office Address : ANA HOLDINGS INC., Shiodome-City Center, 1-5-2, Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato-ku
City : Tokyo
State : Tokyo,
Zip Code : 105-7140
Phone number : +1 800-235-9262
Official Website : https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/?type=e
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
Typically, passengers can only check in one full-size carry-on bag and one personal object. (handbag, umbrella, camera, etc.).
- The baggage policies of any other flights on your schedule could also be applicable. This includes codeshare flights—aircraft operated jointly by two or more carriers—that use ANA route numbers. See Codeshare Baggage Information for more information.
- The baggage regulations for foreign flights will apply when traveling on international Japanese sectors with a ticket for which the foreign Conditions of Carriage apply.
- Be aware that the transport request may be turned down if it is not feasible to determine whether an item can be transported by airplane before the departure time.
- When a piece of luggage is too large to fit in the compartment, it may be added to the list of checked baggage. Any luggage (carrying bag, pram, jute bag, etc.) more significant than the following dimensions must be checked in.
- Your journey may be delayed or canceled if you bring more luggage than is permitted as carry-on luggage. Therefore, before going through security, please check in any baggage that is larger than what is allowed for carry-on luggage for a comfortable and safe journey.
Size and Weight Limits
Not more than 22 lbs. (10 kg), including one personal item
Total linear dimensions (length + width + height) cannot exceed 45 in. (115 cm)
- The dimensions of each side cannot exceed 22 x 16 x 10 in. (55 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm)
- Includes wheels and handle
In the case of the aircraft on Japan Domestic Flights which has a seating capacity of less than 100 (DH8/DH2/CR7 aircraft types)
Total linear dimensions (length + width + height) cannot exceed 39 in. (100 cm)
- The dimensions of each side cannot exceed 18 x 14 x 8 in. (45 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm)
- Includes wheels and handle
Number of Pieces
Up to one piece per passenger.
- Aside from personal belongings (handbag, camera, umbrella, etc.), one piece of baggage that meets the criteria below is allowed.
- Includes souvenirs or items you purchased.
|Travel class ( WEIGHT LIMIT)||Weight Limit|
|First Class||70 lbs./32 kg per piece|
|Business Class||70 lbs./32 kg per piece|
|Premium Economy and Economy Class||50 lbs./23 kg per piece|
|size limit of different class||Size Limit|
|First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy, and Economy Class||The total linear dimensions (length + width + height) of the item cannot be more than 62 inches (158cm), including wheels and handles.|
|Number of pieces in different travel class||Number of Bags|
|Premium Economy and Economy Class||2|
Excess Baggage Fees
- Paying in the US: The USD amount applies.
- Paying in Canada: The CAD amount applies.
- Paying in Japan: The JPY amount applies.
- Paying in Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, and Russia: The EUR amount applies.
- Paying in the UK: The EUR amount applies, converted to GBP
- When making payments elsewhere: Converted to the currency of the nation of departure, the USD amount is applicable.
- Use miles to pay excess baggage charges on ANA international flights.
ANA (All Nippon Airways) Baggage Policy FAQ's
If you notice that there is damage to your baggage on arrival you shall inform the ANA airlines staff members and we will take care of it.
Yes we provide compensation as long as your baggage qualifies for the same. In cases where the compensation is applicable that will be provided in a timely manner.
Yes, passengers can cancel their ANA flight reservation through the Manage Booking feature on the ANA website. They will need to enter their reservation number and last name to access their booking and follow the prompts to cancel their reservation.