American Airlines Check-in and Boarding Pass
IATA : AA
ICAO : AAL
CallSign : AMERICAN
Founded : April 15, 1926 (earliest predecessor airline as American Airways, Inc.)
Key people : Doug Parker (Chairman & CEO) | Robert Isom (President) | Stephen Johnson (Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs) | Derek Kerr (Executive Vice President and CFO)
Country : United States
Office Address : 1 Skyview Drive Fort Worth, TX 76155
City : Fort Worth
State : TX,
Zip Code : 76155
Phone number : +1-800-433-7300
Official Website : https://www.aa.com/
Check-in arrival time at airport:
|Domestic:||60 minutes before scheduled departure|
|International:||90 minutes before scheduled departure|
Minimum required check-in time with baggage:
|Domestic:||30 minutes before scheduled departure|
|International:||60 minutes before scheduled departure|
You may check-in for your American Airlines flight with the following options:
- Online check-in (Web check-in)
- Ticket counter check-in at the airport
- Kiosk check-in
The following travel paperwork must be organized before arriving at the American Airlines Airport:
- A valid passport or government-issued identification
- E-ticket number
- The name and details of your American Airlines flight
American Airlines Online Web Check-in to Get a Boarding Pass
American Airlines allows passengers to check-in online and print their boarding pass before arriving at the airport. This can save time and avoid long lines at the check-in counter. Here's how to check-in online with American Airlines:
- Visit the American Airlines website and navigate to the "Check-In" section
- Enter your last name and either your record locator or your frequent flyer number to access your reservation
- Select the passenger(s) you wish to check-in and confirm any baggage information
- Print your boarding pass or save it to your mobile device
American Airlines Offline Check-in to Get a Boarding Pass
- Locate the American Airlines ticket counter at the airport.
- Provide your flight information and identification to the agent. Make sure to have your passport or government-issued ID ready and your reservation number or ticket.
- If you have any checked baggage, give it to the agent to be weighed and tagged. American Airlines charges fees for checked baggage, so be prepared to pay if necessary.
- The agent will give you your boarding pass
American Airlines kiosk Check-in to Get a Boarding Pass
Passengers who prefer a quick and efficient check-in process can use a self-service kiosk to get their boarding pass. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use the booth:
- Locate an American Airlines self-service kiosk at the airport.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to enter your flight information and personal details.
- If you have checked baggage, the kiosk will print out baggage tags you can attach to your luggage. Then, drop off your bags at the designated baggage drop area.
- The kiosk will print out your boarding pass, which you can use to proceed to security and board.
American Airlines Boarding Pass FAQ's
You can do online check-in through the official website from your laptop. You can also do mobile app check-in and get a boarding pass on your phone.
American Airlines check-in time online starts prior to 24 hours and ends before 45 and 90 minutes for domestic and international flights.