Air Malta Baggage Allowance and Fee
IATA : KM
ICAO : AMC
CallSign : AIR MALTA
Founded : 1973
Key people : Vacant (CEO), David Curmi (Chairman)
Country : Malta
Office Address : Level 2 Skyparks Business Centre, Malta International Airport
City : Luqa, Island of Malta
Zip Code : 04000
Phone number : 00 356 2166 2211
Official Website : http://www.airmalta.com/
Air Malta's baggage allowance policy ensures passengers passengers passengers a smooth and comfortable travel experience. The airline's baggage allowance depends on the passenger's ticket type, route, and frequent flyer status.
Carry-on/Cabin Baggage Policy
Air Malta permits passengers to carry baggage depending on the cabin class and fare. Moreover, passengers who go beyond the baggage allowance can expect to pay 95.10 USD per bag at check-in. Furthermore, refer to the table below for details on cabin baggage allowance:
|Travel Class||Maximum Dimensions||Maximum Weight allowed|
|Smart Business and Business Freedom||Two pieces of hand baggage: 40x55x25cms each||2 pieces x 15 kg total weight per person (1 piece x 10kg max) // Infants not entitled to hand baggage|
|Just Business and Business upgrades||Two pieces of hand baggage: 40x55x25cms each||2 pieces x 15 kg total weight per person (1 piece x 10kg max) // Infants not entitled to hand baggage|
|Go Light, Go Smart, and Go Flex||One piece of hand baggage: 40x55x25cms and one small bag 40x30x15cms||One piece x 10 kg per person plus a small bag not weighing more than 2 kgs // Infants not entitled to hand baggage.|
NOTE: Bulkhead seats lack under-seat storage, so all carry-on and cabin luggage must be stored in the overhead compartment during takeoff and landing.
- Economy class passengers are generally allowed to check in one piece of baggage weighing up to 23 kg. Business class passengers can check in two parts weighing up to 32 kg each.
- Passengers can purchase additional baggage allowance in advance, subject to availability.
- Baggage exceeding the weight limit will be charged an excess baggage fee, which varies depending on the route and Weight of the excess baggage.
- Passengers must ensure their baggage is securely packed and labeled with their name, contact details, and destination address.
- Certain items, such as firearms, explosives, and flammable materials, are not allowed in checked baggage, and passengers are advised to check the airline's website for the latest information and regulations.
- Passengers should check their baggage allowance and any restrictions or fees that may apply before their flight.
Excess Baggage Fee
Here's a table showing Air Malta's extra baggage charges:
|Weight of Excess Baggage||Charges (EUR)|
|Over 50 kg||Not Accepted|
Additional Baggage Fee
Here's a table of Air Malta's additional baggage fees for various routes:
|Route||Price per KG (EUR)|
|Between Europe and North Africa / Middle East||€20|
|Between Europe and Egypt / Russia / Turkey||€25|
|Between Europe and the United States / Canada||€75|
Sports Equipment Fee
Here's a general idea of the fees for sports equipment:
|Type of Equipment||Fee (EUR)|
|Bicycles||€30-€60, depending on the destination|
Air Malta Baggage Policy FAQ's
You can measure your baggage dimension by adding up length, width and height (length + width + height).
Yes, to do so kindly contact Air Malta on +35621662211.
Yes, the airline permits passengers to travel with their pet. Furthermore, three options are available: in the cabin, as checked baggage or in the hold.