Smartwings Baggage Policy
Smartwings permits passengers to carry baggage depending on the cabin class and fare. Moreover, economy fare passengers can carry one piece of baggage. This baggage can be of maximum 8kg weight with 56 x 45 x 25cm dimensions. Furthermore, business class passengers can carry two pieces of cabin baggage. This baggage can also weigh a maximum of 8kg with 56 x 45 x 25cm dimensions. Lastly, all passengers except for Economy Lite fare passengers can carry one piece of personal bag of maximum 3kg weight.
The airline permits passengers to carry checked baggage depending on the ticket fare. Moreover, Economy light fare does not include any free checked baggage. On the other hand, Economy Plus and Economy Flex fare includes one piece of baggage that can weigh a maximum of 23kg with 250cm dimensions. Furthermore, Business Class fare includes two pieces of baggage that can weigh a maximum of 32kg with 250cm dimensions. Lastly, the airline does not permit grouping of baggage.
Excess baggage/additional baggage fee
The airline charges passengers 29.68 USD if they exceed the free baggage allowance, this number is charged more than 36 hours before the departure of flight. Moreover, if the departure of flight is in less than 36 hours then a fee of 41.55 USD is applicable for exceeding the free baggage allowance. Furthermore, if passengers bring one extra piece of luggage in addition to their baggage allowance then the following fee is applicable:
- 29.68 USD – 36 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight
- 41.55 USD – less than 36 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight
- 53.43 USD – at the departure gate
In addition to this, the airline charges 70.05 USD for transportation of sports equipment up to 32kg weight. It also charges 70.05 USD for transportation of animals (8kg weight) and 141.28 USD for transportation of animals (8-32kg weight).
The airline does not permit the carriage of the following items in hand baggage or checked baggage:
- Explosives and items with explosive inserts, as well as explosive tools
- Liquefied and compressed gases
- Flammable liquids
- Flammable solids
- Oxidizing substances and organic peroxides
- Toxic substances
- Radioactive materials
- Acrid or corrosive substances
- Firearms, cold steel, or gas weapons for exceptions
- Gas sprays, pepper sprays, etc. with an active agent
Furthermore, passengers cannot bring the following in cabin baggage:
- Electronic cigarettes
- Spare batteries and charging United
- Knives, other sharp or pointed objects
- Blunt objects which can cause injuries or harm to others
Smartwings Baggage Policy FAQ's
You can measure your baggage dimension by adding up length, width and height (length + width + height).
Passengers who exceed the set baggage allowance can expect to pay an excess baggage fee.
Yes, the airline permits passengers to carry their sports equipment. However, an additional transportation fee is applicable.