Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation and Refund Information
IATA : HA
ICAO : HAL
CallSign : HAWAIIAN
Founded : January 30, 1929 (as Inter-Island Airways)
Key people : Lawrence S. Hershfield (Chairman) | Peter R. Ingram (President & CEO)
Country : United States
Office Address : Hawaiian Airlines 3375 Koapaka Street, G-350 Honolulu, HI 96819
City : Honolulu
State : Hawaii,
Zip Code : 96819
Phone number : +1 800 367 5320
Airline Official Website : http://hawaiianairlines.com/
- Fares that are redeemable and non-refundable: Both refundable and non-refundable tickets are available from Hawaiian Airlines. Refundable fares cost more, but they are entirely refundable and can be canceled whenever you like. Cheaper but with limitations on adjustments or cancellations are non-refundable fares.
- Time of Cancellation: Passengers must cancel their flights at least one hour before the scheduled departure time to receive a complete refund of a refundable fare. There are cancellation penalties for non-refundable fares, depending on the sort of fare and how far in advance the cancellation is made.
- Refund Eligibility: A full refund is available to passengers who bought refundable fares and canceled within the specified time window. Depending on the fare rules and how far in advance the cancellation was made, non-refundable fares may be qualified for a partial refund instead of a complete refund.
- Refund Processing Time: Hawaiian Airlines processes refunds seven business days after getting a request. The initial form of payment will receive a credit for the refund.
- Canceled Flight: If a flight is canceled, Hawaiian Airlines will immediately rebook passengers on the next flight, or if the passenger decides not to travel, it will issue a refund.
- Refund Request: Passengers have two options for refund requests: online through Hawaiian Airlines' website or over the phone with customer support.
Things to Remember
- Refunds: Depending on the fare class of your ticket and the timing of your cancellation request, you may be eligible for a refund for your Hawaiian Airlines flight. However, cancellation fees may apply, and some fares may be non-refundable.
- Changes: If you need to change your Hawaiian Airlines reservation instead of canceling it, fees may apply depending on the fare class of your ticket and the timing of your request. Reviewing the airline's change and cancellation policies is always a good idea before adjusting your travel plans.
- Timing: The timing of your cancellation request can impact the amount of fees or penalties that apply. You should cancel your reservation as early as possible to avoid additional fees.
- Method: You can cancel your Hawaiian Airlines reservation online, through the mobile app, or over the phone. Depending on your situation, contacting the airline's customer service center for assistance with canceling your reservation may be best.
Ways to cancel a flight
You can cancel your Hawaiian Airlines flight online by visiting their website and logging into your account. Once logged in, navigate to the "My Trips" section and select the flight you want to cancel. Then, follow the prompts to cancel your flight.
You can also cancel your Hawaiian Airlines flight through their mobile app. Simply open the app, log in, and select the flight you want to cancel. Then, follow the prompts to cancel your flight.
Over the phone:
You can cancel your Hawaiian Airlines flight by calling their customer service hotline. Be sure to have your flight details and booking confirmation number ready when you call.
At the airport counter:
If you're at the airport and need to cancel your flight, you can do so at the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter. Simply provide your flight details and booking confirmation number to the agent.
Cancellation due to Weather
If Hawaiian Airlines cancels a flight due to weather conditions, they will typically offer passengers the option to rebook their flight for a later date or receive a refund for the cost of their ticket. In the event of a weather-related cancellation, Hawaiian Airlines will typically notify affected passengers as soon as possible via email or phone. Passengers may also check the status of their flight online or through the Hawaiian Airlines mobile app. If you're affected by a weather-related cancellation, it's essential to contact Hawaiian Airlines customer service as soon as possible to discuss your options for rebooking or receiving a refund. Remember that weather-related cancellations are outside of the airline's control, so they may not be able to offer compensation beyond rebooking or a refund of your ticket cost.
Hawaiian Airlines has a refund policy for passengers unable to travel on their scheduled flight. The procedure varies depending on the type of ticket purchased and the reason for the cancellation.
For tickets purchased directly from Hawaiian Airlines, refunds are typically allowed if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of the initial purchase and the reservation was made at least seven days before the scheduled departure. For non-refundable tickets, a cancellation fee may apply, and the remaining balance will be issued as a travel credit for future use on Hawaiian Airlines.
When a passenger cannot travel due to a medical emergency, death in the family, or other unforeseeable circumstances, Hawaiian Airlines may waive the cancellation fee and issue a full refund or travel credit.
It's important to note that some ticket types, such as Basic Economy fares, may not be eligible for refunds or changes. Passengers are encouraged to review the terms and conditions of their ticket or contact customer service for more information.
To request a refund, passengers can contact Hawaiian Airlines customer service or request a refund through the airline's website. Refunds may take several weeks to process and may be issued as a credit to the original payment method or as a travel voucher for future use on Hawaiian Airlines.
Vital information about Hawaiian Airlines' cancellation and refund policy:
- Refundable tickets: Passengers who have purchased refundable tickets can cancel their flights and receive a full fare refund, including applicable taxes and fees. Refunds are usually issued within seven days of the cancellation.
- Non-refundable tickets: Passengers who have purchased non-refundable tickets can still cancel their flights but will not receive a refund. Instead, the value of the ticket can be applied towards future travel on Hawaiian Airlines, minus a change fee.
- Basic Economy tickets: Passengers who have purchased Basic Economy tickets cannot make changes or cancellations to their flights. The key is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- COVID-19 travel waiver: Hawaiian Airlines has a flexible cancellation policy for passengers who cannot travel due to COVID-19. Passengers can cancel their flights and receive a voucher for future travel on Hawaiian Airlines. They can also receive a full refund if the cancellation is due to a government travel restriction.
- To cancel a flight with Hawaiian Airlines, passengers can do so online through the airline's website or by calling the reservations department. However, it's essential to check the fare rules and restrictions of the ticket before making any changes or cancellations, as fees and penalties may apply.
To Request a Refund from Hawaiian Airlines
- Review the refund policy: Before submitting a refund request, review the policy on the Hawaiian Airlines website to ensure you are eligible for a refund.
- Gather your ticket information: You will need your ticket number, flight information, and personal information to request a refund.
- Submit the refund request: You can submit a refund request online through the Hawaiian Airlines website or by calling the reservations department. Ensure to provide all the necessary information, including your reason for the refund request.
- Wait for processing: Refunds are usually processed within seven days of the request. If you are eligible for a refund, the amount will be refunded to the original form of payment used to purchase the ticket.
- Contact customer service: If you have any questions or concerns about your refund, contact Hawaiian Airlines customer service for assistance.
Hawaiian Airlines Fees for cancellation
The fees for canceling a Hawaiian Airlines flight depend on several factors, such as the type of ticket purchased, the time of cancellation, and the reason for cancellation.
For example, if you purchased a non-refundable ticket and canceled your flight, you will typically be charged a cancellation fee. The payment amount varies based on the fare rules associated with your key but can range from $30 to $500 per person, depending on the fare class and the time of cancellation.
If you purchased a refundable ticket, you can cancel your flight without penalty and receive a full refund. However, you may still be charged a fee if you cancel your getaway close to the departure date.
Additionally, if you purchased a ticket through a third-party website or travel agency, you may be subject to additional fees or restrictions for canceling your flight.
It's essential to review the specific fare rules and cancellation policies associated with your Hawaiian Airlines ticket before canceling. They can vary depending on the fare class and the reason for cancellation.
Steps to Cancel a Flight
Step 1. Visit the Hawaiian Airlines website and click the "Manage Flights" option. (https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/)
Step 2. Then click on the "My Trip" option.
Step 3. Enter your booking details, such as your confirmation number and last name, to access your reservation.
Step 4. Select the flight you want to cancel and click the "Cancel Flight" button.
Step 5. Follow the prompts to confirm your cancellation and review any applicable fees or refund information.
Step 6. If you are eligible, request a refund through the Hawaiian Airlines website or contact their customer service team for assistance.
Step 7. If you have questions or issues with canceling your flight, contact Hawaiian Airlines customer service for assistance.
Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy FAQ's
Yes, you can cancel or change your flight online by visiting the Hawaiian Airlines website.
Yes, you can change your flight with Hawaiian Airlines. However, you may be subject to change fees or penalties.
You can do name changing of your flight tickets that were booked through a third party, then you have to pay $25 per ticket.
No, you cannot change or get a refund on your main cabin tickets. However, if you’re canceling your flight reservation within 24 hours that was purchased one week or before that.