Eva Air Baggage Allowance and Fee
IATA : BR
ICAO : EVA
CallSign : EVA
Founded : 8 March 1989
Key people : Lin Bou-Shiu (Chairman) | Chen Hsien-Hung (President)
Country : Taiwan
Office Address : 376, Sec. 1, Hsin-Nan Rd
City : Taoyuan City
State : Luchu Dist,
Zip Code : 33801
Phone number : +1-646-278-6060
Official Website : https://www.evaair.com/en-global/index.html
Carry-on/Cabin Baggage Policy
Here's a table outlining the carry-on baggage policy of EVA Airline:
|Class of Travel||Number of Pieces||Maximum Weight||Maximum Dimensions|
|Royal Laurel/Premium Laurel/Business||2||7kg/15lbs each||56cm x 36cm x 23cm/22in x 14in x 9in each|
|Elite/Preferred Seat||2||7kg/15lbs each||56cm x 36cm x 23cm/22in x 14in x 9in each|
|Economy||1||7kg/15lbs||56cm x 36cm x 23cm/22in x 14in x 9in|
- Passengers traveling in the Royal Laurel, Premium Laurel, or Business Class are permitted to bring two pieces of hand luggage, each of which cannot weigh more than 7kg (15lb). In addition, passengers in Premium Economy and Economy Class are allowed to bring one hand luggage item weighing 7kg or 15lb.
- Item of hand luggage can not be more than 23 x 36 x 56 cm (9 x 14 x 22 in) or 115 x 45 cm (45 in) in total. (Personal items are not subject to this regulation.)
- If passengers want to verify their luggage complies with these specifications, a measurement test unit is available at the boarding lounge or the check-in desk.
Checked Baggage Policy
(To/From the US and Canada / Europe / Australia and New Zealand)
Royal Laurel / Premium Laurel / Business： 2 pieces, 32kg(70lbs) each
Royal Laurel / Premium Laurel / Business：2 pieces, 32kg(70lbs) each
Premium Economy：2 pieces, 23kg(50lbs) each
Premium Economy：2 pieces, 23kg(50lbs) each
Economy：2 pieces, 23kg(50lbs) each
Economy：1 piece, 23kg(50lbs)
- Infants are not allowed to a seat on any route or class; however, they are permitted one piece of carry-on luggage with the same weight restriction as adults.
- There is a two-piece, 23kg (50lbs) each free baggage limit for short-haul economy class Infinity MileageLands award tickets.
- For group tickets (G), the free baggage limit is two pieces of 23 kg (50 lbs) each for long-haul travel and one part of 23 kg (50 lbs) for the short-haul trip.
- Please refer to the free baggage allowance specified on the ticket for tickets not previously listed.
- Each piece's three lengths cannot be more extraordinary than 158 cm. (62in).
Excess Baggage Policy
- Each piece of luggage in the Royal Laurel, Premium Laurel, and Business classes cannot weigh more than 32 kg (70 lbs).
- Each piece of luggage in the Premium Economy and Economy classes may not weigh more than 23 kg (50 lbs).
- Regardless of cabin class, the total linear dimensions of the luggage cannot exceed 158cm (62in).
Excess Baggage Charge
- Apply for all routes except departing from Canada
- Currency: USD / Charge per piece
Additional Baggage fee
• 23kg(50lbs) < Weight ≦ 32kg(70lbs): 0.5 pieces of excess baggage charge rate should be applied
• 32kg(70lbs) < Weight ≦ 45kg(100lbs): 3 pieces of excess baggage charge rate and get EVA Air's approval prior to travel
• Weight > 45kg(100lbs): Cannot be accepted as checked baggage and should be delivered as cargo only
• 158cm(62in)• 203cm(80in)• Dimensions >292cm(115in): Cannot be accepted as checked baggage and should be delivered as cargo only
EVA Air Baggage Policy FAQ's
EVA Airline's baggage allowance policy varies depending on the class of travel and the destination. Passengers are allowed one piece of carry-on baggage and one personal item (such as a handbag or laptop bag) on all flights. The weight and size limit for carry-on baggage varies depending on the class of travel and the destination. Checked baggage allowance varies depending on the class of travel, the destination, and the passenger's frequent flyer status.
The excess baggage fees on EVA Airline vary depending on the destination and weight of the baggage. Passengers should check with EVA Airline before packing to avoid any excess baggage fees.
Yes, you can bring additional baggage beyond your standard allowance, but you may be subject to excess baggage fees.
If your baggage is oversized or overweight, you may be subject to additional fees or restrictions. Be sure to check with Eva Air's website or customer service team for their specific policy.