Cayman Airways Baggage Allowance and Fee
IATA : KX
ICAO : CAY
CallSign : CAYMAN
Founded : 1968
Key people : Fabian Whorms - President and CEO | Paul Tibbetts CPA - Executive VP and CFO
Country : Cayman
Office Address : 91 Owen Roberts Drive P.O. Box 1101 GT, Grand Cayman KY1-1001
City : George Town
State : Kingston,
Zip Code : KY1-1001
Phone number : 1 (345) 949-2311
Official Website : https://www.caymanairways.com/
Cayman Airways is a national flag carrier of the Cayman Islands and operates scheduled flights to various destinations in the Caribbean, the United States, and Central and South America. As with any airline, Cayman Airways has a specific policy on baggage allowance that passengers must adhere to.
Cayman Airways offers a generous baggage allowance for its passengers, allowing you to bring along all the essentials for your trip. Passengers are allowed to check up to 2 bags weighing up to 55 lbs each for free. Any additional checked bags or bags exceeding the weight limit will be subject to an excess baggage fee.
Carry-on/Cabin Baggage Policy
- 45 linear inches (24 x 16 x 11 in) or 114 centimeters (60 x 40 x 28 cm) including handles and wheels
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
- Sharp objects, weapons, and explosives are just a few examples of what cannot be packed in carry-on luggage. During the security checkpoint, passengers may be subject to additional screening or penalties if they bring any forbidden items.
- Keep valuables, including essential documents and prescription medications, in your carry-on bag in case your checked baggage is lost or delayed.
NOTE: Because bulkhead seats lack under-seat storage, all carry-on and cabin luggage must be stored in the overhead compartment during takeoff and landing.
Checked Baggage / Hold Luggage Policy
- Economy Class - 2 bags standard
- Business Class - 3 bags standard
- Maximum dimensions per bag: 62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height)
- Maximum weight per bag: 55 pounds or 25 kilograms (NOTE: When traveling to Cayman Brac or Little Cayman via Twin Otter aircraft, the total maximum allowance is 55 pounds or 25 kilograms per person – the combined weight of 2 bags and only one 15-pound or 7 kilograms per person)
Excess Baggage Fee
Excessive Baggage Rates All charges are calculated on a one-way basis and collected at the airport ticket counter.
|Additional Bag(s)||Overweight Bag||Oversized Bag|
|Above Free Allowance. Maximum of eight (8) bags||Over 55 lbs and not exceeding 99 lbs||Exceeding 62 linear inches (total length + width + height) but not exceeding 120 linear inches|
|US$50 per bag(s) 3, 4, & 5||US$50 per bag
From 56lbs to 70lbs.
|US$75 per bag up to 55lbs
for bag(s) up to 8 pcs
|US$75 per bag(s) 6, 7, & 8||US$75 per bag
From 71lbs to 99lbs
Additional Baggage fee
|Route||Additional Baggage Fee (per piece of baggage)|
|Cayman Islands - United States or Jamaica||$75 (up to 50 lbs), $150 (51-70 lbs), $300 (71-100 lbs)|
|Cayman Islands - Cuba||$100 (up to 50 lbs), $200 (51-70 lbs), $400 (71-100 lbs)|
|Cayman Islands - Other International Destinations||Varies based on route and fare class. Contact the airline for more information.|
Sports Equipment Fee
Cayman Airways charges a fee for transporting sports equipment as checked baggage. The fees and policies vary depending on the type of equipment and the route. Here are some general guidelines:
- Bicycle – conventional – US$50.00
- Ski equipment – Skis, ski poles, and boots – US$95.00 per set
- Surfboards – US$95.00 per board
- Windsurfing – Board, boom, and sail – US$95 per set
Cayman Airways Baggage Policy FAQ's
Passengers can measure baggage by adding length + width + height. By adding it all together, the total number cm can be composed.
To get compensation you can contact Cayman Airways within 7 days of receiving damaged product. For delayed baggage, you can contact the airline within 21 days. You can contact HQ Cayman Island on 345-623-8200 for the same