Air Corsica Baggage Policy
IATA : XK
ICAO : CCM
CallSign : CORSICA
Founded : 1989
Key people : Philippe Dandrieux (CEO)
Country : France
Office Address : Campo Dell'Oro Airport, BP 505, 20186 Ajaccio Cedex 2
City : Ajaccio
State : Corsica,
Zip Code : 20090
Phone number : 0 825 35 35 35
Official Website : http://www.aircorsica.com/
Air Corsica permits passengers to carry one piece of baggage per person; the maximum weight allowance is 12kg on Airbus flights and 8kg on its ATR aircraft. The dimension of carry-on baggage should not exceed 55 x 35 x 25cm in dimensions. In addition, passengers can also carry personal items like a handbag or laptop bag, etc. This unique item must be small enough to fit under the craft passenger seat. Moreover, items like Jackets, umbrellas, nappy bags, car seats, etc. can be carried on the craft, although they are not considered as either baggage or accessory.
If a passenger travels with an infant who does not have a separate seat booked, then the airline permits them one item of carry-on baggage. The airline allows maximum dimensions of 55 x 35 x 25cm. Maximum weight should not exceed 10kg on Airbus flights and 8 kilograms on ATR aircraft.
Air Corsica does not have the rule of “piece” baggage. Instead, they have replaced it with “weight” baggage. Therefore, passengers can check-in baggage with or without the additional charge.
The checked baggage allowance that Air Corsica permits passengers is a maximum of 23kg weight per person. But this is only true if passengers have a standard ticket. If they have a golden ticket, they must purchase additional baggage as this service is paid for. Therefore, the airline permits passengers with a “top” ticket to carry two pieces of checked baggage with a maximum of 23kg weight each.
Domestic flights France (Zone 1):
- “Light” ticket passengers can expect a 20€ charge on their first excess baggage; on the second excess baggage, they can expect a 55€ charge
- “Standard” ticket passengers can expect a 20€ charge on their second excess baggage; on the third excess baggage, a 55€ charge is applicable.
- Passengers with oversized baggage, more than 158cm, can expect a 20€ charge. This includes all cabin classes.
- Passengers with overweight baggage, more than 23kg, can expect a 20€ charge. This includes all cabin classes.
- On routes between Corsica and Paris, a 70€ charge is applicable for any additional baggage.
Flights to and from Europe (Zone 2):
- “Light” ticket passengers can expect a 55€ charge on their first excess baggage; on the second excess baggage, they can expect a 75€ charge
- “Standard” ticket passengers can expect a 55€ charge on their second excess baggage; on the third excess baggage, a 75€ charge is applicable.
- Passengers with oversized baggage, more than 158cm, can expect a 55€ charge. This includes all cabin classes.
- Passengers with overweight baggage, more than 23kg, can expect a 55€ charge. This includes all cabin classes.
Prior approval is necessary to carry special baggage. If the weight of the equipment exceeds 23kg (including packaging), then the airline’s freight service can be used to transport it. The following equipment falls under special baggage-
- Golf equipment
- Hunting/sports rifles
- Kitesurfing Board
- Diving tanks
- Non-electric bicycle
- Maximum 5kg ammunition
For more information on special equipment, please visit (Special Baggage)
Traveling with Pets
Air Corsica permits small pets (cat or dog only) in the cabin. However, the pet must be older than eight weeks and in a particular transportation carrier. The dimensions should be a maximum of 115 cm, and the maximum weight should be 8kg (including the animal container). Furthermore, the animal will not be permitted to leave the container at any time on board. Lastly, it will be counted as an additional baggage item, and an appropriate fee is applicable.
For an animal to travel with Air Corsica, necessary vaccines are required. In addition, if the animal travels within the European Union, it must have an electronic chip. Along with this, the animal must also have a European passport. For more information on the transportation of animals on Air Corsica flights, please visit Transporting Animals.
Steps to prepare your animal for the journey:
- Passengers must get their pet accustomed to its cage or carrier five days before the flight.
- Do not give your pet anything to eat or drink in the 4 hours preceding departure.
- Do not administer sedatives, as the pet’s temperature may fall during the flight (it would take longer to get used to its new environment).
- On the advice of a vet, administer medication to prevent travel sickness or any inopportune reaction during the flight.
- The procedure for registering pets can take some time. Therefore, passengers are advised to arrive at the airport at least 1 hour and 30 minutes before departure.
Air Corsica Baggage Policy FAQ's
You can do so by adding up the length, width and height.
You need to contact sales support on 0 825 35 35 35 (€0.20 cts/min) and, from abroad, on 00 33 4 95 20 95 20 (n° not surcharged), 7 days a week from 8:00 to 20:00.