Air Arabia Baggage Policy
IATA : G9
ICAO : ABY
CallSign : ARABIA
Founded : 2003
Key people : Abdullah bin Mohammed Al Thani, (Chairman) Adel Ali, (Group CEO)
Country : United Arab Emirates
Office Address : Sharjah Freight Center (Cargo), near Sharjah International Airport
City : Sharjah
State : Emirate of Sharjah,
Zip Code : P.O. Box 132 Sharjah
Phone number : +971-6-5088888
Official Website : https://www.airarabia.com/en
Air Arabia Carry-on Baggage
You can check up to 10 kg of free hand luggage with Air Arabia. The maximum size for each passenger's hand luggage, including the handle, pockets, and wheels, is 55 cm by 40 cm by 20 cm (22 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches). In addition, children under the age of two are entitled to one regular-sized bag. (for items an infant may require during the flight).
Please be mindful of the limitations on how much liquid, gel, or paste you are allowed to carry in your handbag.
- Liquids, gels, and pastes must be kept in containers no larger than 100 ml each.
- A clear, resealable 1-liter plastic bag measuring 20 cm by 20 cm may comfortably fit all liquid containers with a maximum content of 100 ml.
- The bag needs to be closed.
- The items must snugly fit within the bag.
- They must be put in a Secure Tamper-Evident Bag if you are traveling via the Middle East. (STEB).
Air Arabia Checked the Baggage
You can pay for the baggage you need with Air Arabia. The following discounted pricing is available when booking or changing your flight when choosing the weight of your checked baggage
Flights coming out of the UAE
20 KG in 1 piece: starting from AED 15 / passenger / one way
30 KG in 1 piece: starting from AED 15 / passenger / one way
30 KG total baggage in up to 2 pieces: starting from AED 20 / passenger / one way
40 Kg total baggage in up to 2 pieces: starting from AED 20 / passenger / one way
Aircraft departing from Egypt
20 KG in 1 piece: starting from EGP 70 / passenger / one way
30 KG in 1 piece: starting from EGP 100 / passenger / one way
30 KG total baggage in up to 2 pieces: starting from EGP 120 / passenger / one way
40 Kg total baggage in up to 2 pieces: starting from EGP 120 / passenger / one way
Aircraft flying out of Morocco
15 KG: starting from EUR 12 / passenger / one way
20 KG: starting from EUR 17 / passenger / one way
25 KG: starting from EUR 27 / passenger / one way
30 KG: starting from EUR 38 / passenger / one way
40 KG: starting from EUR 54 / passenger / one way
50 KG: starting from EUR 82 / passenger / one way
Only 20 KG of checked baggage can be purchased at the airport; any additional weight will incur extra baggage fees.
A single piece of luggage may only weigh 32 kg and have total dimensions of 160 cm (W+D+L).
Excess Baggage Policy
Air Arabia's excess baggage policy varies depending on the fare type and route. Passengers who exceed the standard baggage allowance may be required to pay an extra baggage fee, calculated based on the way and the weight of the additional baggage.
Here are some critical points about Air Arabia's excess baggage policy:
- Fees: The excess baggage fee is charged per kilogram of excess weight and varies depending on the route. Passengers can check the airline's website or contact the customer service center for the latest fee information.
- Payment: The excess baggage fee must be paid at the airport at check-in or at the excess baggage counter. Payment can be made in cash or by credit/debit card.
- Restrictions: Air Arabia has restrictions on the size and weight of individual pieces of baggage and the total weight of all bags. Passengers who exceed these limits may be required to check their luggage as cargo.
- Special Items: Passengers traveling with unique items such as musical instruments or sports equipment may be required to purchase an additional seat or check the article as baggage.
- Pre-paid Baggage: Passengers can purchase additional baggage allowance in advance through Air Arabia's website or contact center, which may be more cost-effective than paying the excess baggage fee at the airport.
Air Arabia Baggage Policy FAQ's
Dimensions of the Baggage can be measured by length + width + height. The addition of each measurement compose the total number of linear inches/centimeters.
Air Arabia’s liability for lost or damaged baggage is limited to USD 20.00 per kg and a maximum of 20 KG per passenger.