Air Arabia permits passengers to carry handbag of 10kg weight, this is free baggage allowance. The carry on baggage of any passenger must not exceed the 55 x 40 x 20 cm dimension. The dimension includes pockets, wheels and handle. Moreover, it permits children below the age of 2 to one standard size bag (for items an infant might need on-board).
Below are the restrictions by Air Arabia on the quantities of liquids, gels or pastes transported in your carry-on baggage-
- Liquids, gels or pastes must be held in individual containers of a maximum 100ml each.
- All liquid containers meeting the maximum volume of 100ml can be fitted comfortably into a transparent, re-sealable 1 liter plastic bag measuring 20cm x 20cm.
- Passengers need to seal the bag completely
- The items must fit comfortably in the bag.
- If you are transferring through the Middle East, they must be packed in a Secure Tamper-Evident Bag (STEB).
Passengers have the benefit of paying for the baggage that they need. At the time of booking, passengers can select checked baggage weight or modify the flight (20 kg, 30 kg, 40 kg) with no restriction on the number of pieces. To avoid 90% of baggage charges at the airport, passengers can pre-book their baggage allowance beforehand. Only 20kg additional weight of baggage is available for purchase at the airport. Additional weight is subject to excess baggage rates.
Air Arabia permits each passenger to carry baggage of weight 32 kg with total dimension of 160 cm, at most. Lastly, passenger can pre-book baggage allowance online at the time of booking or by calling the call center of Air Arabia.
Air Arabia prohibits the following item in the baggage -
- Flammable, non-flammable and poisonous gases, such as butane, oxygen, propane and aqualung cylinders.
- Flammable liquids and solids, such as lighter or heater fuels, paint and matches
- Poisonous substances such as insecticides, weed killers, arsenic and cyanide.
- Radioactive material, oxidizing materials and organic peroxides.
- Firearms and explosives, such as handguns, automatic weapons, munitions and ammunitions.
- Infectious substances such as bacteria and viruses.
- Corrosives such as mercury, acids, alkalis and wet-cell batteries.
- Cooking oils.
- Striking matches and cigarette lighters.
Animals and Pets
Air Arabia has limited the carriage of pets and animals in the cabin to falcon only. The acceptance of falcon in cabin is upon the following basis-
- Passenger must arrange for the reservation at least 48 hours before the departure of the flight.
- For passengers travelling with a falcon, a seat away from the emergency exit will be made available. This will be done at the check-in counter.
- The charge of carrying a falcon is three times the excess baggage rate.
- In case passenger is traveling with more than 1 falcon, they need to book an extra seat.
- The airline permits maximum 2 falcons on 1 extra seat.
- The airline does not permit additional baggage allowance to the passenger in case they book an extra seat.