SWISS Airlines Cancellation and Refund information
IATA : LX
ICAO : SWR
CallSign : SWISS
Founded : 18 November 1978 (as Crossair) 31 March 2002 (as Swiss International Air Lines)
Key people : Thomas Klühr, CEO
Country : Switzerland
Office Address : P.O. Box, Zurich Airport, 4002 Zurich, Switzerland
City : Zurich
State : Basel,
Zip Code : 4002
Phone number : +1 (877) 359-7947
Airline Official Website : https://www.swiss.com/
SWISS Airlines Cancellation policy
If you want to cancel your ticket, you must go through the rules and regulations and precisely the cancellation policy of SWISS Airlines. Furthermore, you can use your reference number on the website page to cancel or confirm the reservation. The options are available within a specific period. Therefore, the consideration period is always at the local time of departure. For instance, purchasing the chance "hold the booking" gives you the right to buy a fixed number of tickets at a specific price within time.
You cannot transfer the ticket or sell it to anyone else. The reservation expires on cancellation. In case of cancellation, the passenger gets the refund amount back to the original mode of payment. Finally, for more details, contact SWISS Airlines customer service.
Swiss Airline 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Swiss Air allows flight cancellation for free within the stipulated time only for flights originating to/from the USA, Canada, and Europe. Here are the following highlights from the Swiss Air 24-hour cancellation policy –
- If you purchased your ticket through Swiss Air in the last 24 hours and made a cancellation request one week or more before the original scheduled departure, it may qualify for the waiver on the Swiss Air cancellation fee.
- Swiss Air's 24-hour cancellation allows passengers to claim a full refund of their booking value.
- Swiss Air's 24-hour cancellation policy would apply to Basic Economy fares, where passengers are not allowed to make changes but are eligible for a full refund.
- Swiss Air's cancellation of the 24-hour rule would not apply to group fares and reward tickets.
Things to Remember
- Fees and restrictions may apply for cancellations.
- Passengers can cancel online or through customer service.
- Refund options include a refund to the original form of payment or a travel voucher.
- It's recommended to cancel as early as possible to avoid fees or restrictions.
How to cancel a flight
If you need to cancel a Swiss Air flight, there are several ways depending on the airline's policies and your personal preferences.
Swiss Air cancels booking online.
You can cancel your Swiss Air flight online by logging in to your account on the airline's website or mobile app.
Swiss Air cancels the booking via phone.
You can contact Swiss Air at +41 (0)848 700 700. This service is toll-free and available 24x7, where the customer service agent of the airline will assist you in every way possible.
Swiss Air cancels the booking In Person.
You can go to the airline's counter present at the airport, and the genet at the counter will answer all your queries and even help you with the cancellation process.
Cancellation Due to Weather
In the event of a flight cancellation due to weather, Swiss Air will typically provide passengers with the following options:
Passengers can be rebooked on the next available flight to their destination at no additional cost. The airline will try to accommodate passengers on the earliest available flight.
If you cancel your SWISS Airlines reservations, you must pay $50 to $200 for the refund process. The price generally depends on the routes and destinations. Likewise, you can cancel by applying for it online and doing the necessary. The customer care representative can also help you quickly to smooth your cancellation.
Swiss Airline Refund policy
Here are the essential highlights from the Swiss Air ticket refund policy –
- If your ticket is eligible, you can visit the Swiss Air booking homepage; on the booking widget, you can enter your booking credential and retrieve your booking to cancel and receive a refund.
- Swiss Air's cancellation policy will apply based on the country or region of the booking.
- All Swiss Air refunds on the credit card will be processed within seven business days.
- The Swiss Air cancellation refund that you will receive depends upon several variables. For instance, Swiss Air tickets that are partially flown will be calculated on a prorated basis based on the fare rules.
- Swiss Air cancellation fees will be refunded during certain circumstances, if applicable.
- Swiss Air cancellation refund will be credited back to the original form of payment.
Steps to Cancel a Flight
Step 1. Visit the Airline's Website
Visit the Swiss Airlines website and log in to your account.
Step 2. Go to Manage Booking
Once you have logged in, go to the "Manage Booking" section of the website. This section will allow you to view your booking details and make changes, including cancellations.
Step 3. Enter your booking reference number and last name.
Step 4: Select the Flight You Want to Cancel
Once you've entered your booking details, select the flight you want to cancel from the list of reservations. You will then be prompted to confirm your selection.
Step 5: Review Your Flight Details
Before you cancel your flight, take a moment to review your reservation details, including the flight number, departure and arrival times, and any additional services that you may have purchased.
Step 6: Confirm Your Cancelation
Click on the "Cancel Flight" button. You will then be prompted to confirm your cancellation and receive a confirmation email once your cancellation is complete.
SWISS airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy FAQ's
You can contact the SWISS Airlines customer service. However, you need to have your booking reference at hand along with your new travel date in mind. In case you book your SWISS Airlines reservations online, indeed you can directly contact the travel agency to visit the website page.
The refund amount reflects within a certain period with the mode of payment that you use during the booking of the flight.
In case the airline cancels your flight, your ticket remains valid. You can use it at a later stage and rebook the ticket free of charge.