Azores Airlines Baggage Policy
IATA : S4
ICAO : RZO
CallSign : AZORES
Founded : 1994
Key people : Luís Rodrigues (CEO)
Country : Portugal
Office Address : Avenida Infante D Henrique 55-4
City : Ponta Delgada, São Miguel
Zip Code : 9504-528
Phone number : 00 351 707 227 282
Official Website : https://www.azoresairlines.pt/en/home
We have established maximum restrictions for cabin baggage that may be taken on board to minimize movements and contacts in the cabin and with the safety of our passengers as our top priority. Therefore, you should only bring what is necessary for your cabin baggage, and only in amounts you can manage.
Your carry-on luggage might need to be free of charge transport in the aircraft's hold if the cabin volume restriction is reached. In this situation, you must have all the necessary paperwork, including your travel documents.
All carry-on baggage must be shown during check-in for proper labeling. (information/baggage/carry-on-baggage)
|Number of bags||Dimensions||Weight in Kg (pounds)|
|Economy Class||1||55x40x20 cm||8 Kg (17 lbs)|
|Comfort Light Class||1||55x40x20 cm||8 kg (17 lbs)|
|Comfort Plus Class||1||55x40x20 cm||15 Kg* (33 lbs)|
The amount of checked baggage is determined by the fare you paid. If your total volume or weight exceeds your fare permits, you can pay extra baggage fees at check-in or purchase an additional allowance. (information/baggage/checked-baggage)
Volumes weighing over 32 kg (70 lbs) must travel as freight only.
In the instances described below, the maximum weight restriction per volume for checked baggage is 45 kg (100 lbs). However, if the passenger's baggage allowance is exceeded, a heavy item fee in addition to an extra baggage cost will always be charged:
The Hold's Pets (AVIH);
Only freight can be transported if the 45 kilograms (100 lb) weight restriction is surpassed.
Azores Airlines allows passengers to bring one carry-on bag and one checked bag, with weight and size restrictions depending on the fare type and destination. Additional baggage or excess weight may incur fees depending on the route and the baggage policy. Passengers can pre-purchase extra baggage allowances during the booking process or through the airline's website or customer service. It is recommended to check the Azores Airlines website or contact customer service for more information on the excess baggage policy and fees for your specific flight.
Azores Airlines permits passengers to take their sports equipment on their next big adventure. Refer below to get further details about the sporting equipment that can be carried:
- Fishing equipment – Fishing rods, Fishing Lines, Hooks, Fishing reels.
- Horse riding equipment – Riding hats and helmets, Riding safety vests, Sticks, shanks and spurs, Riding saddles and seats.
- Diving equipment – Diving cylinder (empty bottle), Diving regulator, Harpoon and spear guns, Masks, Fins, Wetsuit, Underwater photographic equipment
- Canoe equipment – Helmet, Ropes, Harness, Carabiners, Straps, Descenders and pulleys, Neoprene suit, Lashing straps, Proper suit and footwear.
- Golf equipment – 1 Proper golf bag, Golf clubs (iron and/or wood), Proper balls, 1 Proper jacket, 1 Hat, 1 Pair of proper shoes, 1 Umbrella.
- Boards and Kayaks – Boogie board, Wakeboard, Skimboard, Surf, Long-boards, kite surf, Windsurf, Stand-up paddle.
- Bikes – Handlebar rotated 90 degrees from its original position and attached to the bicycle frame, Pedals must be removed, The Bike must be transported in an individualized volume, Proper resistant bag with properly packed Bike, so it can support and protect the contents of the normal conditions of the transport of fragile luggage.
- Hand gliders and paragliders
Azores Airlines Baggage Policy FAQ's
You can measure your baggage dimension by adding up length, width and height (length + width + height).
You can expect to pay an excess baggage fee in accordance with the destination you are travelling to.
Yes, you can pre-purchase extra baggage. The fee for the same is as follows:
|Route||Contact Center||SATA Sales Offices|
|Domestic flights (fee for each 5kg)||€12,50||€15|
|Europe/ Africa (for each 23kg piece)||€40||€45|
|USA and Canada (for each 23kg piece)||€75 / $95 / $120||€85 / $105 / $130|