Austrian Airlines Check-in information
IATA : OS
ICAO : AUA
CallSign : AUSTRIAN
Founded : 30 September 1957
Key people : Alexis von Hoensbroech (CEO) | Andreas Otto (CCO) | Wolfgang Jani (CFO)
Country : Austria
Office Address : Austrian Airlines AG Office Park 2, Postfach 100 1300 Wien-Flughafen
City : Schwechat
State : Lower Austria,
Zip Code : 1300
Phone number : +1 800 843 0002
Official Website : http://www.austrian.com/
Check-in arrival time at airport:
|Domestic:||60 minutes before scheduled departure|
|International:||90 minutes before scheduled departure|
Minimum required check-in time with baggage:
|Domestic:||30 minutes before scheduled departure|
|International:||60 minutes before scheduled departure|
Passengers can check-in online, through the Austrian Airlines mobile app, at the airport ticket counter, or a self-service kiosk.
Passengers can check-in online up to 47 hours before their flight departure time.
Mobile app check-in:
Passengers can check-in using the Austrian Airlines mobile app up to 47 hours before their flight departure time.
Passengers can check-in at the airport ticket counter or a self-service kiosk at least 60 minutes before their flight departure time.
The following travel paperwork must be organized before arriving at the Austrian Airlines Airport:
- A valid passport or government-issued identification
- E-ticket number
- The name and details of your Austrian Airlines flight
Online check-in to get a Boarding Pass.
If you're flying with Austrian Airlines, you can check in for your flight online. Here's how to use Austrian Airlines' online check-in: (Online check-in)
- Visit the Austrian Airlines website or mobile app. To check-in online, go to the Austrian Airlines website or mobile app. Then, click on the "Check-in" tab and follow the instructions.
- Enter your details. Enter your booking reference, e-ticket number, and last name, and click "Check-in."
- Select your seats. You will be given the option to choose your seats. Austrian Airlines will assign one to you if you don't select a seat.
- Print or save your boarding pass. Once you've completed the online check-in process, you can print it or save it on your mobile device.
- Check-in your baggage (if needed). If you have baggage to check-in, you can do so at the airport check-in counter or bag drop desk.
kiosk check-in to get a Boarding Pass
Austrian Airlines offers self-service kiosks for check-in at selected airports. The kiosk check-in process is simple and convenient, allowing you to check-in for your flight, choose your seat, and print your boarding pass.
Here are the steps to follow for kiosk check-in with Austrian Airlines:
- First, find a kiosk. Then, locate the Austrian Airlines self-service kiosks at the airport. These are usually located near the check-in counters.
- Enter your details. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your details. This will typically include your booking reference or e-ticket number.
- Select your flight. Selects your flight from the list of available flights displayed on the kiosk screen.
- Choose your preferred seat from the seating plan displayed on the kiosk screen.
- Check baggage. If you have baggage to check-in, follow the instructions on the kiosk screen to print your baggage tags.
- Print boarding pass Once you have completed the check-in process, the kiosk will print your boarding pass. Make sure to keep this with you for the duration of your journey.
Offline Check-in to get a Boarding Pass
You have a few options if you prefer to check in for your Austrian Airlines flight offline. You can check-in at the airport counter or a self-service check-in machine. Here are the steps to follow for offline check-in with Austrian Airlines:
- Find the check-in counter. Locate the Austrian Airlines check-in counter at the airport. These are usually located near the entrance to the airport or in the check-in hall.
- Provide your details. When you arrive at the counter, provide your booking reference or e-ticket number to the agent. The agent will then retrieve your booking and confirm your flight details.
- Check your baggage. If you have baggage to check-in, the agent will weigh your bags, attach your baggage tags and send them on their way.
- Collect your boarding pass. Once you have completed the check-in process, the agent will provide your boarding pass. Make sure to keep this with you for the duration of your journey.
Alternatively, you can use a self-service check-in machine at the airport. These machines are similar to the kiosks mentioned earlier but are operated by an airline representative.
Mobile check-in to get a Boarding Pass
- Download the Austrian Airlines mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- Select the "Check-in" option on the app's main menu.
- Enter your flight details, such as your departure airport and flight number.
- Confirm your flight details and select the passengers who need to check-in.
- Follow the prompts to complete the check-in process and receive your boarding pass on your mobile device.
- Save or print your boarding pass to present at the airport.
Austrian Airlines Boarding Pass FAQ's
You can do a web check-in 7 hours before the departure time. You need to visit the web page and do the following procedure.
To check-in with Austrian Airlines, you will need to present a valid photo ID, such as a passport or driver's license. If you're traveling internationally, you may also need a visa and/or a vaccination certificate, depending on your destination.
Yes, you can check in online for international flights with Austrian Airlines. However, if you're traveling to the United States, you will need to have your travel documents verified at the Austrian Airlines check-in counter before boarding your flight.