airBaltic Baggage Allowance and Fee
Unless you have increased your cabin baggage limit to 12 kilograms, each Economy class passenger on an airBaltic trip can only check one cabin bag (55x40x23 cm) and one personal item (30x40x10 cm), which together weigh a maximum of 8 kilograms. (Cabin Baggage)
Heavy Cabin Baggage
Bring 12 kilograms with you at most! Although the size and number of articles for cabin baggage are the same, you can now take up to 12 kilograms of cabin luggage with you starting at 11.99 EUR.
- Stay away from the check-in queue at the airport.
- Avoid the bag carousel to get where you're going even faster.
- If your cabin bag weighs more than the standard allowance, save 75 EUR at the gate.
airBaltic permits economy class and premium economy class passengers to carry one piece of baggage. The baggage can weigh a maximum of 8kg and is 55 x 40 x 23cm in dimensions. They can upgrade their baggage allowance to 12kg. But this is not free of charge; an additional fee of 11.99 EUR is applied. More, Business class passengers and PINS members can carry two pieces of baggage. The dimension and weight allowance are the same as economy class passengers, i.e., 8kg and 55 x 40 x 23cm dimensions.
One piece of checked luggage is limited to 23 kg in weight and 100x50x80 cm in maximum size on airBaltic flights.
- BUSINESS: 2 bags up to a combined weight of 46 kilograms are free. Each bag's weight limit is 32 kg.
- 1 bag (up to 23 kg) is free for classic and green customers.
- When purchasing tickets on airBaltic.com, GREEN is available for as little as 19.99 EUR per bag for a one-way trip. The cost of checked bags can change based on the flight's duration and route.
Checked baggage fees per bag per one-way journey:
- from 19.99 EUR* while booking tickets on airBaltic.com
- from 25.00 EUR* once you already have access via Manage my booking or during online check-in;
- from 25.00EUR* at travel agencies or airBaltic ticket offices;
- 75 EUR for check-in at the airport
- If a cabin bag is discovered to be too large or heavy and needs to be checked in, a fee of 75 EUR will be charged at the gate.
If your baggage exceeds the weight or size limit allowed for your fare type, you must pay an excess baggage fee.
The excess baggage fee varies depending on the route and the amount of excess baggage.
Checked baggage is not included in airBaltic's Basic fare, so you must purchase checked baggage as an add-on.
The baggage allowance for airBaltic's Premium and Business fares includes two pieces of checked baggage weighing up to 20 kg each.
If you need to transport bulky or oversized items, contact airBaltic's customer support in advance to make special arrangements. Additional fees may apply.
- 14.99 EUR at the time of booking on the airBaltic website
- 19.99 EUR if bought after the booking, at the time of check-on, or by managing booking
- 20 EUR if the ticket is booked through a travel agency
- 60 EUR if bought at the airport check-in desk
- 60 EUR at the gate, if baggage is found to be exceeding the dimension allowance
- 50 EUR at the gate, if baggage is found to be exceeding the weight allowance
- 110 EUR at the gate, if baggage is found to be exceeding both the weight and dimension allowed
airBaltic Baggage Policy FAQ's
You can measure your baggage dimension by adding up length, width and height (length + width + height.
No, baggage fee is non-refundable.