airBaltic Bagage Policy
IATA : BT
ICAO : BTI
CallSign : AIR BALTIC
Founded : 1995
Key people : Martin Gauss (CEO)
Country : Latvia
Office Address : Tehnikas iela 3, Lidosta "Rīga",
City : Riga
State : Mārupes novads,,
Zip Code : LV-1053
Phone number : +371 6 7207069
Official Website : http://airbaltic.com/
airBaltic allows passengers to book additional baggage at the time of booking the ticket
airBaltic permits economy class and premium economy class passengers to carry one piece of baggage. The baggage can weigh a maximum 8kg and 55 x 40 x 23cm dimension. They can upgrade their baggage allowance to 12kg. But this is not free of charge, an additional fee of 11.99 EUR is applied. Moreover Business class passengers and PINS members can carry 2 pieces of baggage. The dimension and weight allowance is the same as economy class passengers, i.e, 8kg and 55 x 40 x 23cm dimension.
Economy class passengers have no free checked baggage allowance, they can buy the same before their flight. Premium economy passers can carry 1 piece of checked baggage, of maximum 23kg weight of maximum 100 x 50 x 80cm dimension. Moreover, Business class passengers can carry 2 pieces of checked baggage. airBaltic permits a maximum 43 kg baggage weight and 100 x 50 x 80cm dimension.
Passengers can buy excess baggage, the fees for the same is as follows (per one way journey)-
- 14.99 EUR at the time of booking on airBaltic website
- 19.99 EUR if bought after the booking, at the time of check-on or by managing booking
- 20 EUR if ticket is booked through travel agency
- 60 EUR if bought at the airport check-in desk
- 60 EUR at the gate, if baggage is found to be exceeding the dimension allowance
- 50 EUR at the gate, if baggage is found to be exceeding the weight allowance
- 110 EUR at the gate, if baggage is found to be exceeding both the weight and dimension allowed
airBaltic allows passengers to carry their sports equipment with them on their next adventure. The allowance is as follows-
- Bicycles – 25kg maximum weight allowed. Equipment compromises pedals removes, tired deflated, and handlebar turned
- Diving equipment – 23kg maximum weight allowed. Equipment consists of one scuba regulator, one tank harness, one empty scuba tank, one mask, two fins, one safety vest, one knife, one tank pressure gauge, one spear gun and one snorkel.
- Golf equipment- 23kf maximum weight allowed. Equipment consists of one set of 12 golf balls, 14 golf clubs and one pair of golf shoes.
- Skiing equipment – 23kg maximum weight allowed. Equipment consisted of One pair ski poles, one helmet, one pair ski and one pair of ski boots.
- Ice hockey equipment – 23kg maximum weight allowed. Equipment consists of sticks, skates, ice hockey helmet and one set of ice hockey wear.
- Fishing Equipment – 23kg Maximum weight allowed. Equipment consists of one angular bag, one bed box and one rod.
- Source board and windsurfing equipment – 23kg maximum weight allowed. Equipment consists of one set of either ones of the board, one kite board and one gate or one set of windsurfing equipment.
You can measure your baggage dimension by adding up length, width and height (length + width + height.
No, baggage fee is non-refundable.
Yes, you can. This falls under special baggage. For information on it please visit https://www.airbaltic.com/en/special-baggage